The Princeton Insurance Agency logo 2
Homeowners insurance hero image

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and all the things you keep in it.

Homeowners insurance is designed as a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability, or legal responsibility, for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family may cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.

Damage caused by most disasters are covered however there are exceptions. The most  significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. Your homeowners policy does not cover earthquakes and floods. You must buy two separate policies for those risks.  Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners’ responsibility.

a tiny house surrounded by snow

Seasonal Home

Seasonal Home Insurance We can help you choose the right policy for your seasonal home, so you can relax while someone else takes care of

Read More »

Vacant Home

Many companies shy away from insuring vacant homes, but  Princeton can help you choose the right policy for your vacant home property, so you can

Read More »
a residential property

Landlord Rental

Your rental property isn’t standard and your insurance policy shouldn’t be either. You need specialized coverage that will take care of the things that matter

Read More »
modern house


Condo Insurance In most cases,  condominium owners do not own the structure they live in.  Townhouse or condo owners, typically have different insurance needs than

Read More »

Let's Get You A Quote

The information you provide is kept strictly confidential. A friendly agent will respond to your request and provide the information needed in order for you to make an informed decision. You can also email us at [email protected], call, or text us at 1-833-657-3639

What is included in a Standard Homeowner Policy?

A standard homeowners insurance policy includes four essential types of coverage. They include:

  1. Coverage for the structure of your home.
  2. Coverage for your personal belongings.
  3. Liability protection.
  4. Additional living expenses in the event you are temporarily unable to live in your home due to a fire or other insured disaster. 

The coverage you have depends upon the type of policy you have. The most common types of homeowner policies are:

  1. HO1 Basic or Standard policy
  2. HO2 Broad form
  3. HO3 Special (also called Deluxe, All Risk)
  4. HO4 Renters policy
  5. HO5 Enhanced Special Coverage
  6. HO6 Condo policy
  7. HO8 Older Home Policy


There is no better way to understand your homeowner policy than to read it! We suggest you go through the pages of your policy and find the sections that correspond to the following explanations:

A typical policy consists of three things:

1. The Declarations Page  that declares who, what and how much you are insuring, along with the date your coverage starts and the premium.

2. The Policy Booklet  printed pages that contain the details of coverages and exclusions.

3. Endorsements  separate pages, usually with endorsement numbers, that change (or endorse) specific parts of the policy.

Let’s Get you a quote.